Whoa, We're Halfway There! (20 Week Bumpdate)

This has been the strangest pregnancy for me yet. I don't mean strange in a way that strange things are happening, but strange in the way that I forget that I'm pregnant.



I know, how can you forget you're pregnant with a belly like that?!


This pregnancy has been very smooth. I haven't even had any joint pain yet and that is marvelous. Early on I did have a significant amount of nausea. A couple of times the boys had cheese, crackers, and fruit for lunch because I couldn't even stomach the thought of cooking them something. All of that has passed now!


I have felt this baby move! It is such an amazing feeling. I felt him/her around 17 weeks. With Isaac (last pregnancy) I didn't feel movement until 22 weeks because I had an anterior placenta so it blocked a lot of movement. I feel most of the movement with this baby late at night when I finally lay down for bed. I just love falling asleep to the little flutters of a baby within my womb.


I crave mainly fruit drinks and gummy candies. Obviously I don't indulge in my craving of gummy candies all that often but when I do it sure tastes yummy. I have gained roughly 10 pounds so far but I really don't know the exact amount. I think it's a little under 10. I've kind of made it a point to just stay off the scale. I had a lot of trouble when I first started showing (14 weeks) with body image so I've just stayed away from the scale.


Our big 20 week ultrasound is this week and I just cannot wait to see this baby again. We will not be finding out if we are having a boy or girl. I just truly love the moment in the delivery room when Tyler tells me that we have a son and his name. I'm fairly certain we will have another boy and I can honestly say that I am perfectly fine with that. This has been the first pregnancy where I have felt ready to have a girl, though. I know I struggle a lot with confidence and body image and I've just been so nervous about raising a daughter who truly loves the way God has made her and I finally feel ready to hand it all over to God if he does decide to bless us with a girl. But I do have to say, I do love being a boy mom. I had a moment a couple of weeks ago when I was pretty set we were having a girl and then all of a sudden I had an overwhelming feeling that I was carrying another boy. We will just have to wait and see!


I have not been working out as much as I would like. I certainly need to get in a routine now before I get too big and too tired to try anymore! I'm hoping this ultrasound this week will help things become more "real". I mean, I'm obviously pregnant and I can even feel the baby moving but it still hasn't really hit me that we will have 4 children in just a few months. Maybe it's because I'm constantly chasing this one's 3 older brothers around.


I am thanking God daily for the privilege of carrying another child. I just cannot wait to meet him/her!

Comments

Popular Posts